Professional Certificate in Human Resource Management
2 weeks / 26 Modules
In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This course will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
Learn how to:
- Identify current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
Key Features of the Course
This course comes with lessons consisting of text, interactive cards and a quiz.
It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Defining Human Resources
- Session three: Forecasting Techniques
- Session Four: Job Analysis
- Session five: Identifying Job Competencies
- Session Six: Position Profiles and Job Descriptions
- Session Seven: Finding Candidates
- Session Eight: Screening Resumes
- Session Nine: Preparing for the Interview
- Session Ten: Conducting the Interview
- Session Eleven: After the Interview
- Session Twelve: Employee Orientation and Onboarding
- Session Thirteen: Planning Training
- Session Fourteen: Performance Reviews
- Session Fifteen: Attendance Management
- Session Sixteen: Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Session Seventeen: Compensation and Benefits
- Session Eighteen: Managing Disciplinary Issues
- Session Nineteen: Terminating Employees
- Session Twenty: Exit Interviews
Why Study at LEXED?
Flexible Learning Option
Using our state of the art learning management system, you have the advantage of studying with us without leaving your country and still attain world class qualification from the comforts of your home or office.
Self Paced Learning
Our programmes are flexible enough to accommodate your pace. This implies that the faster you submit your assignments the faster you graduate and get your qualification.
Globally Accepted Certificate
The curriculum and content of our Professional Certificate Courses have been independently verified and found to conform to globally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) standards and guidelines.
Dedicated Learner Support
You are assigned a dedicated learner support at the commencement of your programme. You also have access to a 24/7 comprehensive support via the student dashboard in form of live chat support or email.