Professional Certificate in Lean Process Improvement Management
2 weeks / 14 Modules
Lean principles have come a long way over the past 300 years. From Benjamin Franklin’s early ideas, to Henry Ford’s work in the 1920’s and the Toyoda precepts in the 1930’s, to Jeffery Liker’s publication of The Toyota Way in 2004, Lean processes have evolved from a simple concept to a set of widely used best practices. This course provides the foundation to begin implementing Lean process improvement tools in your workplace. Explore the foundations of Lean through the Toyota precepts and the five critical improvement concepts (value, waste, variation, complexity, and continuous improvement). Gain tools to perform continuous improvement in your organization, including 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu, and various Lean data mapping methods.
This will help you know how to:
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Use the Kano model to understand, describe, analyze, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste o Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organization
- Use the PDSA and R-DMAIC-S models to plan, execute, and evaluate Lean changes
- Use Lean thinking frameworks, including 5W-2H, Genchi Genbutsu and Gemba
- Prepare for and complete a basic 5-S
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data using flow charts, Ishikawa (fishbone) diagrams, SIPOC diagrams, and value stream maps
- Go back to your organization with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into your corporate culture
Key Features of the Course
This course comes with lessons consisting of text, interactive cards and a quiz.
It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Understanding Lean
- Session Three: The Toyota Production System
- Session Four: The Toyota Production System House
- Session Five: The Five Critical Improvement Concepts
- Session Six: Understanding Value with the Kano Model
- Session Seven: Types of Waste
- Session Eight: Creating a Lean Enterprise
- Session Nine: The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) Cycle
- Session Ten: Using the R-DMAIC-S Model
- Session Eleven: Lean Thinking Tools
- Session Twelve: Kaizen Events
- Session Thirteen: Data Gathering and Mapping
- Session Fourteen: A Plan to Take Home
Why Study at LEXED?
Flexible Learning Option
Using our state of the art learning management system, you have the advantage of studying with us without leaving your country and still attain world class qualification from the comforts of your home or office.
Self Paced Learning
Our programmes are flexible enough to accommodate your pace. This implies that the faster you submit your assignments the faster you graduate and get your qualification.
Globally Accepted Certificate
The curriculum and content of our Professional Certificate Courses have been independently verified and found to conform to globally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) standards and guidelines.
Dedicated Learner Support
You are assigned a dedicated learner support at the commencement of your programme. You also have access to a 24/7 comprehensive support via the student dashboard in form of live chat support or email.